Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes it truly is the most adored food holiday in all the land. I'm in the bosom of my full crazy family in Houston. I've played about seventeen gazillions games of hide and seek with my 4 and 8 year old cousins and made my apple crostadas. It a happy twist of fate, my foodies uncles have taken over Thanksgiving. As we speak, a 22 pound tukey is being brined. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!! -T

I'm here in DC, excited to be spending time with neighborhood and work friends. My version of Paula Deen's Marshmallow-Stuffed Sweet Potato Balls is ready for transport along with one of two green bean casseroles made with water chestnuts for crunch, worcestershire for a salty bite, and a southern-boy portion of sharp cheddar cheese to make it, well, cheesy. Also ready for transport is a jug of spiked apple cider with rum and cinnamon schnapps and some cream cheese with jalapeno jelly that seems to have a permanent place at the holiday table in Texas. It's not quite there yet, but I think it's pretty damn good.

Among all the other things, today I am thankful for food, education, humor, art, friends, family, and most of all T.

Best wishes to you and yours. -J

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you both!