Monday, October 31, 2005

Traveling to the Other Coast

So next week I'm going back to Cali. Specifically to Oakland for a certain conference for LGBT activists. If I haven't mentioned it before I am from Cali and have a unabashed love for a state where UCLA actually stands for University of Caucasians Lost Among Asians. When I am not in smarty discussions about how to make the world a better place, I will eating. The Bay Area is a food mecca and I will be hanging with my peeps in every good restaurant within a 50 mile radius of said conference. My friend A and I have decided on a plan of attack for Berkeley where will will hit:

Yogurt Park
(they have frozen yogurt in these cups the size of milkshakes for like $1.00)
Blondie's Pizza
Noah's Bagels


At some point in the trip I have to hit an In 'n Out. R is taking us to Burma Superstar. I am hoping my brother will take me to Fringale, one of those amazing San Francisco bistros where the food's as good as any four star restaurant in DC but the prices are as if restaurant week was every day.

To my readers who live or are from the Bay Area, anything that I'm missing?

3 comments:

ScottE. said...

Never been to San Fran, heard great stories. Have a good trip. In July, we "honeymooned" in SoCal for a week. It was nine months after the nuptials, but hey, it works.

DC Food Blog said...

You've NEVER been to the Bay Area? It's a foodies paradise. I want to have a bake sale right now to fund you and dancerindc to get your asses to one of the best food cities in the world.

Anonymous said...

If you have some money to spend, I would highly suggest: Boulevard
http://www.boulevardrestaurant.com/