1. J and I hosted a Superbowl party. It was totally last-minute and we actually made food to take to another Superbowl party that was cancelled.
2. The stuff we already made was caramelized onion dip, baba ganouj, and fake meat won tons.
3. Being the hosts, we decided to supplement that haul with some Valentine's Day caramel kisses, pigs in blankets, and taquitos.
4. It being Super Bowl Sunday, there was a run on Little Smokies AND Crescent Roll dough. I had to substitute the Little Smokies with Little Bratties (miniature bratwurst) and had to fight for the last can of crescent roll dough.
5. Little bratties make VERY good pigs in blankets.
6. We LOOOOOOOVE the Burger King Homage to Busby Berkeley. Clearly the best commerical so far.
7. OH MY GOD. I can't stop crying because of the Dove self esteem commerical. I truly start losing it when the little Asian girl looks all sad because she hates her body.
8. Engaged Boy comes bearing a pizza. With onion dip, pigs in blankets, and pizza, we have officially entered guyland. J and I did a high five when Pittsburgh scored a touchdown.
9. Damn. The Burger King ad was the best ad. To the advertising industry, STEP IT UP. And Jay Mohr is really irritating.
10. Due to the timely arrival of pizza, taquitos were not eaten. BUT, how is it possible that five people can go through a bag of ruffles and onion dip, a double batch of pigs in blankets, a pizza, a double batch of won tons, a big bowl of baba banouj and pita bread, and a bag of Hershey's kisses in one evening?