Friday, March 18, 2005

Celebrity sighting

So last night I wanted soul food so I went to Levi's Port Cafe down 8th street past the freeway. So who was in front of me in line ordering tons of food but the mst famous Cosby kid ever. RAVEN SIMONE! I totally didn't recognize her since I always expect enoutrages and she was totally not entouraged but the woman behind me who taught middle school said "Raven?" And Raven shot her a smile and said, "Yes, it's me." Ms. Simone ordered three orders of fried chicken, dark meat, with sides of collard greens, and rice and mac and cheese. She also got sides of lima beans, green beans and cabbage. She's so down to earth that if the woman didn't actually say "Raven" I would have never guessed it was her. The only dirt I have is Raven likes dark meat chicken and doesn't eat pork.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question: Do you think Levi's Port Cafe is realted to Levi's North Carolina BBQ on Oxen Hill Road?

DC Food Blog said...

Yes. They are owned by the same fmaily. A brother and sister (and their repsective families) run both.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. You and your fabulous blog have just saved me much driving time. Could you post the general address? Corner of?
Thank you!

DC Food Blog said...

It is on 8th Street or Barracks Row SE. Just SOUTH of the highway. Pennsylvania is the nearest major street to the north and M SE to the South. SO delicious! -- JD

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

One of the sections in my article directory is recipes ... while looking for blogs on splenda recipes, I discovered your Celebrity sighting article.

Most people believe the best content on the internet is created by bloggers ... original content, experiences and opinions. Nothing to sell and no hidden agendas!

As someone who appears to be interested in splenda recipes, I am sure you will find our recipes section to be interesting. I am continually searching for bloggers to submit articles and assist me to expand the directory to all our benefit. By contributing, you not only get the recognition of being an author, but also knowing your submission will be seen by many hundreds of internet surfers. The pride and satisfaction of seeing your article published in a prestige directory is hard to beat.

Not all of us are born with the talent to write to high standards of literacy ... as a consequence, a lot of bloggers don't try to have their articles published.

I like an informal style of writing that matches your personality and fits in with your article content. I welcome articles that are uniquely based on your personal knowledge, experiences and opinions. All I request is that your content does not contain vulgar language, incite hatred or generally offensive.

Without any commitments ... please pop over and browse my blog articles directory for yourself.

Kind Regards
Mary