Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Weekend O' Food - The Recipes

Risotto Balls - So luscious. So yummy. A tad on the oily side but yummy cheesy ricey goodness. Go to the link for the recipe.

Dill dip - ever since watching Barefoot Contessa, I have been using dill as my go to herb. I think it's fairly mild with a nice herby, onion taste. This is crazy easy. Just throw together a cup and a half of sour cream, a half a cup of mayo (GOOD mayo if you're Ina), the juice of half a lemon, 1/4 cup of dill, and one finely minced garlic clove in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. I served with the my crab balls and fresh sugar snap peas (my favorite vegetable).

Crab Balls - Being in DelMarVa, we had to have something with crabs but since we weren't at Dewey Beach, the crustaceans would have to do. (RIMSHOT! - I'm here all night folks). I got a pound of backfin crab meat (because lump is so fricking expensive), mixed in 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon of Old Bay, 2 eggs, and 1/4 of mayo. Formed them into balls and deep fried them. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Other than going to Crabby Dicks, what do you all like to eat or make when at the beach?

1 comment:

ScottE. said...

Basically I like two things at the beach:

1) Vodka
2) Eating

I don't really have a favorite beach food yet...but I do usually eat very poorly. And that is why I supplement my poor eating with good vodka.