I have a secret love of Brenda Walsh on Beverly Hills 90210. It's totally shameful. I grew up watching The Bev (as my friends and I called it) and openly hated the way Brenda could get away with mouthing off to her parents. But I secretly loved the fact that she was such an unpleasant beeyotch. So we were having dinner the other night with a certain twosome, and one of the twosome blurted out "I love Macaroni Grill and I won't be shamed!" It appears that Macaroni Grill is his Brenda Walsh.
I know that true foodies are above such generic chain restaurant tomfoolery but I have seveal Brenda Walshes.
1. Olive Garden. Because they hate LGBTs, I need to hate them but there's so cheap and the salad is SOOOO good.
2. Buca de Beppo. This goes beyond super sized into the realm of enogh to feed an army. Regardless of what you think of the food (I love it), the servers are really friendly and prompt.
3. Sonic. Damn you Sonic and your 50 miles away from DC location. Why must you torture us so with your ads?
4. Denny's. While some prefer IHOP, I find Denny's "hash browns" to be crisper.
5. PF Chang's/Pei Wei. My in-laws are addicted to Pei Wei. In college, the only way you could keep up as a science major was to form a study group. There was this chick named Pei Wei who kept using our notes and never sharing hers. We vowed that whoever got into med school and had to cut up a cadaver would name their first cadaver Pei Wei. But Pei Wei the restaurant has really good brown rice.
So what's your culinary Brenda Walsh? Come on, we all know you have one (if not many).