Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Zesty!

Ok this is a tiny little entry. Sunday night, we had the marrieds come over for dinner. This was a very casual thing and we ended up making stromboli with Morningstar Farm "meat" crumbles and a salad (bag of salad greens, walnut, balsamic vinaigrette). I will say I learned to put the seam side down on a stromboli because as they baked, the seam split.

For dessert J bought coconut and raspberry sorbet. As an accompaniment, I made lemon cookies. I am beginning to understand Ina Garten's obsession with citrus zest. At a crafting thing I went to, someone put orange zest in a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie and it tasted amazing. For the lemon cookies, I went to epicurious and their recipe for lemon cookies were simply a basic sugar cookie recipe with two tablespoons of lemon juice and a tablespoon of lemon zest. The result was one of the best cookies i have ever made. It was spring in a cookie with a resonant lemon flavor and aroma. Next up lemon panna cotta! All hail the zest!

6 comments:

Anthony said...

I've got to agree on the whole zest issue! I've been putting a little bit of lemon zest in my salad dressings and it goes a long way.

Lyra said...

Lemons are awesome. They have big bags of organic ones at Whole Foods right now, and organic lemons are the best because otherwise you are zesting tons of chemicals directly onto your food (that washing wont get off).

I have lemon curd on my list of things to make right now, but maybe after I hit the gym!

Anonymous said...

info resep masakan, minuman, makanan, food recipe.
http://www.kitchens4cooking.com

Anonymous said...

info resep masakan, minuman, makanan, food recipe.
http://www.kitchen-foods.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your ideas, i'm trying my best to learn how to cook (decent meals :-),I hope i can share with you some
Filipino recipes too, I hope your OK with Asian foods :-)... Busby SEO challenge

KabonFootPrint

Anonymous said...

its such a good blog thanks for the view